SIX FUN IDEAS FOR A DIVORCE PARTY
So, you are recently divorced and looking for ideas for a divorce party? Well, there are many ways to celebrate or commemorate your divorce, including having a blow out divorce party. But where should you go and how should you celebrate this momentous event? How about the ideas below:
- Have a girls or guys getaway for a sophisticated weekend someplace fancy. Get dressed up, have a few cocktails, get pampered, and flirt, flirt, flirt with everything that moves. Joy. That is the key. Joy. And good friends. This is the ultimate divorce party for you.
- Go to Egypt. This is a very exotic destination for a divorce party, filled with history and mystery and secrets and intrigue and spirituality. It is better not to go alone, especially if you are female but you can find a travel group or do a tour or something like that but this country will really put you in a certain frame of mind and you are going to feel invigorated and inspired afterwards and you will have new ideas for your post divorce life.
- Rent out a major tourist attraction in your city, like a museum, event space, restaurant or monument (if you have the budget) and host a fundraiser, benefit or gala in honor of something or someone other than yourself. Raise money and awareness in memory of your divorce
- Have a book signing. Did you write a book about divorce or know someone who wrote one? Organize a reading and book signing and promote the crap out of it so that there will be a ton of attendees.
- Go to Vegas. This one is not so original but it is a tried and true fun destination for a lot of life’s occassions including for your divorce party.
- Paris. No elaboration needed.