HARD HITTING TACTICS TO USE IN DIVORCE WHETHER YOU ARE THE HUSBAND OR WIFE, PLAINTIFF OR DEFENDANT
So a few years ago, I wrote a piece called Dirty Divorce Tricks and How to Beat Your Wives at their own game for Divorce Saloon. It is one of our most popular posts over the years but a lot of women do get angry about it and have sent emails to say so. I understand why, but, look, I stand by the piece.
Hard hitting tactics to use in divorce is more gender neutral. I am writing it for anyone who feels they are getting a bum deal in divorce court. Probably at least half the tips could get you into legal hot water so take everything I said with a grain of salt and only try these stunts if you are SURE you can pull it off without getting into trouble. Note that I am not an attorney and this is not legal advice. Some of it is even downright unethical. But I am on my third scotch so frankly my dear…..
So here you go!:
- Demand a drug test especially if you suspect she/he will fail
- Use the kids as leverage
- Quit working and be conveniently physically or mentally unable to work
- Redistribute wealth as a pre-emptive strike
- Show up the domestic violence scam by challenging an order of protection and forcing the filer to prove the allegations (especially if you know you are innocent!)
- Shop hard and spend big before you file
- Get property transfer not alimony (tax consequences are better, I heard, though you should double check with an accountant)
- Hire a PI and get the dirt on him/her
- Do your own surveillance in the house and car (offices can be tricky)
- Change you will before you file
- Put stuff in trust for the kids but they can’t touch till they are 35. Make yourself the trustee.
- Scoop and snoop and copy all the documents you find in triplicate.
- Set up sting operations to uncover secret trysts.
- Liquidate your retirement accounts before you file
- Put spyware on the computer (this may not be admissible if it is a personal computer but if it is a family computer, maybe)
- Get friends and family to help you spy, set up and get the dirt on your spouse.
- Open foreign bank accounts and stash cash beyond the jurisdiction of your local court
- Get rid of your spouse’s attorney by claiming “conflict of interest.”
Hire someone to seduce your spouse in a hotel room (or wherever) and get photos * Get the children to hate your soon to be ex so that you will win custody.*
I think the last two recommended “hard hitting tactics to use in divorce” are bad so I crossed them out. But you get the idea. These are some tactics I would consider to be “hard hitting.”
What do you think?