Co-parenting in Hollywood is in Vogue and these 10 African Americans Stars Deserve a Gold Medal for Their AFTER DIVORCE Co-parenting Skills
There are tons of co-parenting movie stars and hip hop stars in Hollywood of all races, colors and creeds. This list compiles the African Americans stars who are doing their bit to show a good example to their fans:
- Will Smith and Sheree Zampino Fletcher – Will Smith is now married to Jada Pinkett Smith and the two superstars share two amazing children, Willow and Jaden. However, Will shares a child – a son named Trey Smith – with Sheree, his first wife and the two are model co-parents. Sheree and Will’s wife Jada are BFFs.
Amber Rose & Wiz Khalifa – Famously famous for basically being Kanyé West’s ex girlfriend, Amber Rose quickly hooked up with Wiz Khalifa, married him, and bore him a son named Sebastian; but the two split not long after following rumors of infidelity. Despite the break up, they are model co-parents.
- Kimora Lee and Russell Simmons – these two were the hottest black couple in the 1990s and shared an empire that rivals in today’s dollars, Beyoncé and Jay Z. Back in the day, the Simmonses had a clothing line called Baby Phat and Russell was huge in the music business. They had two girls named Aoki Lee Simmons and Ming Lee Simmons.
When they divorced, Russell voluntarily gave Kimora a huge settlement and offered to pay a huge monthly child support figure for the girls. They have never had a public argument about raising their kids even after Kimora went on to have two more marriages and two more kids with two different guys (one, pictured right is a Hollywood actor named Djimon Hounsou and he and Kimora have a son and they are also model co-parents). So Kimora is a model co-parent with who ever she breaks up with.
- Tyga and Blac Chyna By any standards, these two have a complicated relationship (technically they never married but…) and they are dating siblings these days but they do share a son named King and they appear to be doing a pretty good job since neither of them have had to haul the other to court. There have been rumors that Tyga was not paying child support for King but since Chyna is now with Tyga’s girlfriend Kyle Jenner’s brother Rob Kardashian and making her own money, maybe there is no need to for to sue Tyga who is having his own financial troubles with various different creditors – allegedly. But there is no question that these two, so far, are model co-parents.
- Garcelle Beauvais and Mike Nilon – If memory serves correctly, Garcelle is formerly of The Jamie Foxx Show fame and she has done a number of other things and is regularly on the red carpet these days in amazing designer frocks. She is Haitian American and she married this guy Mike, a white guy; and they were in love for a while but then they had a bit of a nasty break up. It could have been infidelity but this is not certain. No matter because as parents, they are model citizens and model co-parents. They have never fought over their twin sons in public.
- Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon– Mariah and Nick have had their problems but one thing is certain, they both love their twins Morocco and Monroe and they are committed to being co-parents for those kids notwithstanding any friction that might exist between them. They take the kids out for dinner all the time and throw joint fetes for the kids. They also publicly praise each other’s parenting skills every chance they get.
- Janet Jackson and Wissam al Mana – The ink is not yet even wet on Janet Jackson’s divorce from Qatari billionaire Wissam al Mana but they are sending each other love notes on social media and Wissam was seen in the park near their Belgravia home in London feeding their little baby Eissa. Days earlier, Janet released a photo of Eissa and she was also seen strolling through the same park and showing little Eissa the wildlife. So they plan to co-parent and so far they are doing a very good job.
- Juanita Jordan and Michael Jordan – Michael Jordand and Juanita divorced a while back but at no time has either of these two people, who have since remarried and who share a couple of kids, ever said a bad word publicly about each other.
- Eddie Murphy and Nicole Murphy – These two have long divorced and moved on. Eddie is even daddy to a few kids with various women and Nicole almost married Michael Strahan. But never have you ever heard them utter a bad word in public about each other and never have they had a fight about their children. They had a whole truck load of kids because when they married in the 1980s, Eddie famously said he was so in love with Nicole that he would “marry her without a prenup.” And whether he did or not is unclear but they sure liked to have sex with each other if the kids are any indication. But they never fought over them even though a few were under age when they split up. No, those two, Eddie and Nicole, are model co-parents.
- Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel recently divorced but they are the most amazing co-parents to their little boy Nathaniel Diggs. No fights ever to be discerned between these two. Kudos to these co-parenting movie stars.