It seems infidelity is in the air. It must be you-know-who’s fault. Since she wrote the book, everybody is getting outed. The latest is a couple in England who won the lottery in 2004, invested in a successful business, but then watched as their marriage crumbled to cake crumbs. The wife, Victoria Jones bought the winning ticket twelve years ago. But she now says it was the most wretched thing that could have happened to her and their marriage. Now it has been reported that she has left her husband for a real millionaire. The UK Telegraph:
A married couple who won £2 million in the National Lottery have divorced after the wife began a relationship with one of the UK’s richest men.
David and Victoria Jones won £2.3 million in 2004, having been married for a month, and used the money to set up a successful property portfolio in Devizes, Wiltshire.
Twelve years on, the pair have said the lottery ruined their lives” and that they wish they had never won.
Mrs Jones, 41, who bought the winning ticket with the last pound coin in her purse, has reportedly left her husband for wealthy businessman Mike Clare.
- ENGLAND: Gareth Jones’s ex-wife challenges £5m divorce payout as ‘simply not enough’
- Mega Millions Lottery & Divorce: Have you heard of the Juan and Iris Rodriguez lottery divorce case?
- Lottery winnings and divorce
- UK: Bus driver wins lottery day after divorce judgment is finalized
- BRITAIN: 10 years post-divorce, British lottery winner forced to pay ex wife share of winnings
- IDAHO: Why Holly Lahti will have to share her Mega Millions lottery winnings with estranged husband Joshua Lahti
- Is a CEO’s severance pay marital property?
- LOS ANGELES: Dennis Hopper divorce case settling down?
- NEW YORK: 34 years after divorce, Victoria Rohring reunited with “abducted” children
- FLORIDA: Tiger takes out a $54 million mortgage to purchase Jupiter mansion