This guy was apparently running for office in Florida but some old reports of domestic violence against his wife – some dating as far back as the 1990s plus his ownership of interest in a hedge fund with ties to African slave labor, seems to have derailed his bid. Not only has his staff been quitting en masse but his fundraising efforts have also dried up.
Story Continued Below
The congressman, through a spokesman, denied his ex-wife’s claims of battery, which were detailed in police and court records dating to 1994. But the political damage was severe nonetheless.
“Unfortunately, this deeply disappointing revelation means progressives have no great options in the Florida race for Senate,” Democracy for America and the Progressive Change Campaign Committee said in a written statement that announced they were pulling their endorsements.
- Divorcee Star Jones’ star power not enough to help billionaire Jeff Greene – but he’s suing for defamation and libel
- FLORIDA: ANNA LOEB, another Swedish bombshell in a divorce scandal
- FLORIDA: Carmen Barahona seeks divorce after husband douses adopted son with chemical and possibly murdered adopted daughter
- WYOMING: Voters in Wyoming set to vote on a proposal which will determine who can divorce and marry in their state
- Black vs. White: who gets custody of the interracial child after a divorce/split up?
- Breaking news: Divorce good for men’s health according to American Journal of Epidemiology study and Karolinska Institute in Stockholm
- GOP hopeful John Ensign: wife Darlene did NOT divorce him after affair, now he wants to run in 2012?
- Divorce & Infanticide: New incident in France reported (British man kills his two children following bitter divorce)
- CUBA: Housing shortage forces divorced couples to live with their ex and new partner
- TENNESSEE: Al and Tipper Gore divorce – talk about an Inconvenient Truth!