Looking to buy a post divorce revenge apartment? Have I got the story and deal of a lifetime. It is a place in one of NYC’s richest enclaves and the apartment is owned by a vrai billionaire named Steve….Billionaire Steve Cohen is breathing a little gentler now that a Manhattan Divorce judge has ruled that his ex wife Patricia cannot suck another $5 million out of him. The two divorced in the 1990s before Mr Cohen became the hedge fund guru founder of S.A.C. Capital he became and before his networth skyrocketed north of $12 billion dollars.
Well, Mr Cohen has an apartment he would like to sell you and I tell you, this one is a beauty. Strangely, he is having a string of legal problems and now he can’t seem to unload the thing and he has had to slash his asking price nearly in half. A Vanity Fair article on the issue:
Earlier this year, Cohen agreed to settle charges related to malfeasance during his time running S.A.C. Capital—the firm that pleaded guilty to insider-trading charges and paid a record-breaking $1.8 billion fine in 2013. The settlement bans Cohen from precisely the thing that made him the competitor-crushing, modern-art-collecting, mansion-accumulating man worth $12.7 billion he is today. Until 2018, he is only allowed to manage his own money, as he does at his so-called family office firm, Point72 Capital. Plus, there’s that Manhattan apartment he just can’t get rid of—a 9,000-square-footCharles Gwathmey–designed glass orb he initially listed for $115 million and has since slashed to $72 million.
It does not make sense that Steve cannot unload this apartment. It is located at 151 East 58th Street in Manhattan. It is 9000 square feet. It has 16 rooms including 5 bedrooms. The monthly charges and taxes are peanuts: Common Charges: $14,586
Monthly Taxes: $14,360
Here is how it is described on
Sothebys’ Douglass Ellimann’s website http://streeteasy.com/building/one-beacon-court/ph5152w:
From the moment you walk into this 9,000 sq. ft. duplex Charles Gwathmey’s vision is evident. No other apt in NYC can compare in terms of layout and detail and the level of custom finishes are unmatched. Your first view of the stunning apt is the double height living room soaring 24′ and two walls of North and West glass. White Venetian plaster walls, maple floors, Anigre Wood and stainless steel are used throughout. The state of the art chef’s kitchen with counters of honed black absolute granite welcome any chef. Adjacent to the kitchen is the media and entertaining room. A powder room, reception room home office pantry and two staff rooms with full bath complete the first level. Up the glass and steel staircase are the master suite and additional bedrooms. The master suite comprises and office, sitting room and two full bathrooms outfitted with white statuary marble walls and sinks and black granite floors. Two dressing rooms with built-in custom cabinetry of Anigre Wood complete this space. Additionally, are three other bedrooms with en-suite baths, a den and a laundry room. An in home Crestron System with touch pads in every room control lighting, temperature, electronic window shades and more. There is a home security system and backup generator for computers.
Doesn’t this look & sound like exactly the right apartment of your dreams? And you get to quell all that divorce rage while you are enjoying the best of the best of NYC. And for peanuts! Peanuts!
- NEW YORK: Hartog v. Hartog 605 N.Y.S.2d 749 (1993) Selling the marital residence and splitting the proceeds? You will likely have to also split the taxes
- Billionaire Steve Cohen divorces the Democrats and plots strategy with GOP contributors in Greenwich
- CHICAGO: Divorce, steroids, blamed for “erratic” behavior of lieutenant gov. Scott Lee Cohen
- QUESTION: How does George Stephanopoulos divorce-proof his marriage to Alexandra Wentworth?
- GREENWICH, CT: Does Patricia Cohen want ex-husband Steven A. Cohen’s Greenwich mansion?
- Debbie Matenopoulos’s divorce gets ugly!
- WALL STREET: Patricia Cohen v. Steven A Cohen (SAC) the second time around: Will she get her “equitable distribution”?
- Jane Iwanowski, Wall Street trophy wife, busted for DWI; is the marriage on the rocks?
- NEW YORK: ESPN analyst Steve Phillips gets hit with divorce petition after 22 year old mistress sends bitchy letter to wife
- VEGAS: Steve Wynn divorce settlement news: he dumps stock to pay Elaine!