Ideally, you should interview a few lawyers before you select the one you will work with. It is not a good idea to just take the first lawyer you speak to just because you may feel desperate or eager to get the divorce over and done with. A good rule of thumb is three lawyers but you can interview more. There is a tipping point where maybe you are interviewing too many and thus it would be more difficult to decide on which is better. But up to five interviews would not be excessive under normal circumstances. So the short answer is 3-5 is a good number of lawyers to interview before you select one.
- Do Divorce Lawyers Need to Do a Better Job of Getting Back to Clients?
- Shopping for a divorce lawyer
- Can the police serve my spouse the divorce petition?
- New Jersey: Committee on Lawyer Advertising says lawyers can’t toot their own horn
- Divorce Lawyers: Can divorce lawyers help clients spy on spouses without getting into trouble?
- How should female divorce lawyers dress in court?
- Is the divorce lawyer becoming an anachronism?
- What to wear to your divorce? How about a sheath?
- Divorce Lawyers: With falling divorce rates do divorce lawyers need to start looking at other career options?
- How to get a divorce in New York