As news trickles in about the carnage in Nice, France, more information about the driver of the truck emerges. It seems he is of Tunisian origin and had a long stay visa in France. He had no known ties to any terrorist networks, was not known to visit local mosques in the area, and was not on any french or international terrorist watch lists. He had had a few runs in with the law including for road rage and petty theft.
According to a report in the Guardian, his father has been interviewed back in Tunisia and he has said that his son suffered from, and was getting treatment for, depression.
The name of this individual, the perpetrator, is Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel. He was 31 year old and he had 3 kids and an ex wife. The reports in his neighbhorhood are that the divorce was a “bitter” affair and he was deeply angry about that.
His wife was reportedly taken into custody by french police even though the parties had been divorced for some time prior to Mr Bouhlel launching his deadly vehicular attack.
- FRENCH COURTS ADMIT TEXT MESSAGES AS EVIDENCE OF ADULTERY IN DIVORCE CASES
- TUNISIA: Will divorce laws change now that Ben Ali’s government’s been overthrown?
- Why Did Angelina Jolie File Her Divorce in California and Not France?
- Divorce & Infanticide: New incident in France reported (British man kills his two children following bitter divorce)
- Olivier Sarkozy divorce: Brother of Nicolas Sarkozy involved in nasty divorce fight in New York
- FRANCE: Elin Woods in French Alps – trial separation from Tiger going well
- FRANCE: The Family Law Bill that never was
- Divorce Saloon interviews Paris international divorce lawyer Noemie Houchet Tran
- Johnny Depp Gets Hit With Divorce Papers from Amber Heard
- FRANCE: Information for expats on marrying and divorcing a french national by Noemie Houchet Tran