I just saw this on Science Daily and I thought “for heaven’s sakes.” This is a research done by the University of Utah and you have to wonder: Did someone actually get funding to do this? With all the important issues that need answers and resolutions they are researching whether the number of premarital sex partners a person has will impact their likelihood of divorce later on? Seriously? Did they get federal funding for this? People are dying of cancer for Christ’s sakes! But ok. I suppose if we are billing ourselves as the “world’s first divorce newspaper” we have to cover this nonsense. Here is what Science Daily published in part:
In new research published online through the Institute for Family Studies, Wolfinger identified several interesting trends: Divorce rates have fallen for the shrinking percent of American women who marry as virgins, and stayed essentially the same for those with one or two premarital sex partners. Divorce rates went up the most for women with 10 plus sexual partners before marriage.
But the surprising thing, Wolfinger said, is that women with exactly two premarital sex partners have consistently higher divorce rates than women with 3 to 9 partners. “In short: if you’re going to have comparisons to your [future] husband, it’s best to have more than one,” said Wolfinger. He added that sexual behavior has changed significantly throughout recent decades.
“How has sexual behavior changed in recent years? Most answers to this question involve hooking up, the idea that young people are having sexual encounters outside of committed relationships. It’s almost beside the point that Millennials tend to have fewer sex partners than people born in the 1950s and 1960s. Public perceptions emphasize youthful licentiousness, and today’s young adults do have lengthier sexual biographies than do people born prior to 1950. Still, the extent of hooking up has been exaggerated by a prurient and overheated media and sometimes by young people themselves,” Wolfinger said.
For more, if you want more, go here.
- Birth rates up for women over 40 in spite of recession; divorce to blame?
- The 10 most divorce prone cities in the U.S.: Does living near a casino increase your divorce odds?
- Breaking news: Census Bureau finds that the number of “grey divorces” are on the rise
- NIGERIA:Voice of Widows, divorcees and orphans silenced?
- MASSACHUSETTS: Sex in the Divorce
- Divorce is the least of Letterman’s problems; he could be investigated for sexual harassment
- Cyber sex factors more than ever in divorce cases according to the American Academy of Matrimonial lawyers
- CONNECTICUT: Can Brooke Hundley, the “other woman” in ESPN’s Steve Phillips’ divorce saga, sue ESPN for wrongful termination and/or sexual harassment?
- Michael Jackson: father, son, brother…could he have been murdered?
- ARIZONA: New Study at University of Arizona links Divorce to hypertension