Laura Wasser has represented a lot of big name Hollywood actors such as Britney Spears, Jennifer Garner and Stevie Wonder. She also repped Kim Kardashian and Melanie Griffith. Recently she was hired by Johnny Depp to represent him in his divorce from Amber Heard. It is not a bad roster of clients – if you can get the work. And she gets the work. Boy does she get the work. But is she really all that? Bloomberg.com did an article about her and called her “Hollywood’s Complete Divorce Solution.” High praise. She charges upwards of $750 per hour for a typical divorce situation and upfront gets a retainer of $25,000. Her clients need a minimum net-worth in order to get a retainer agreement. Nice. Real nice. But is she really that good? Or is this just perception? What do you think? Does she get good reviews from her peers?
- Are Divorce Lawyers Charging their Clients Too Much?
- Retainer Agreements in Divorce and Family law cases
- How to withdraw from a divorce case without losing your license
- Matt Lauer Natalie Morales Affair Rumors: Could this lead to 2 divorces?
- Online Client Reviews: How important are they to your practice?
- Did Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux get married? If yes, can this survive a Kardashianesq divorce?
- Shopping for a divorce lawyer
- LONDON: A divorce voucher for Christmas?
- Do Divorce Lawyers Need to Do a Better Job of Getting Back to Clients?
- No divorce for Silda and Elliot Spitzer. What can we learn?