I just came across this on Family Lawyer Magazine and was intrigued. I had no idea that such a concept existed ‘The Divorce School’ Did you know this. Am I the last one to enter the club? If you are wondering about the curriculum for this specialized institution, here is what is says on the website:
Here is a preview of our course curriculum:
- How to Choose an Attorney
- Preparing for Divorce
- Mediating a High-Conflict Divorce
- What You Need to Know About Child Support
- How Property Is Divided During Divorce
- How Child Custody Is Decided
- The Importance of Parenting Time
- Parental Alienation Syndrome: Coping Strategies
- Using a Personal Divorce Coach
- Business Valuation
- Your Legal Rights and Obligations
- Making Your Case for Spousal Support
- Fraud and Hidden Assets in Divorce
- Preparing for Court: Advice from a Judge
Sounds like the kind of advice we have been writing about since 2006! It has been a decade already! Wow! But if you would like to really become an expert at this, check out the website for the Divorce School here http://thedivorceschool.com/ If I am not mistaken all the courses are online and it is about a 3 month course but you should check it out for yourself. It may even be worth the while of your clients for them to take the course. You never know.
- What are the commonly searched divorce terms in the Internet?
- Own a business? Getting divorced? You can’t afford to be without these tips
- Divorce info about private schools and who pays tuition: I want my child to got to private school. Can the court force my husband to pay the tuition?
- Private School tuition for the kids after a divorce
- Divorce & college expenses: In New York what is the rule about college expenses? Can I force my husband to help with college expenses?
- Forget Tourre’s billets-doux & possible divorce: SEC referred Goldman to prosecutors for CRIMINAL PROBE!
- Are stock options marital property?
- Hidden costs of divorce: you will never suspect how much you actually pay to get divorced
- Is Jennifer McKay Gold a greedy ex-girlfriend trying to shake down billionaire Donald Bren for retroactive child support?
- Erin Barry, Brent Barry Divorce: It has been finalized in Bexar County, Texas per TMZ