I have to fess up that I have been living Under a rock. I had no idea, none whatsoever, that Kris Jenner and her husband of 22 years Bruce Jenner had separated till a friend mentioned it in an email correspondence. Right away I took to Google to get the scoops and discovered that yes, there was an announcement about four days ago! Surprisingly, the reaction among the zeitgeist has been rather nonchalant. Why is that? I thought America was obsessed with everything Jenner and everything Kardashian. Well, evidement, I was wrong.
Does this mean they can or cannot date other people? Technically, I believe the law states that if you are separated and not divorced, you cannot date other people because that will still be considered adultery Under the law and it could mess up your equitable distribution if your spouse cries foul. I think there is something to that effect in some states. Nobody follows the rule. But just because they don’t doesn’t mean it is not a rule. It’s like in New York do you know it is a law that if you commit adultery both the spouse and the person they cheat with can be arrested? Adultery is a crime in New York! But nobody follows the rule. But it is still a rule. I think the same is true with dating while separated. If I am not mistaken. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
So what post-divorce high jinxes are in store with these two, I wonder? I have been kinda wondering about Kris and Diddy, for example. I saw him on her show once and I wondered. They had a certain kind of chemistry and he seems to be hanging around her a lot. Could she go there? Could she date Diddy post-Bruce? Or wait, I can do better. Could she steal Kanye away from Kim? She is obviously not the kind of mother to grow old, fat and matronly. She is still in touch with her inner Young vixen. She even put bikini shots on the Internet recently around the same time as her teenage daughter, Kendall (who, by the way, is a bikini model.) Was she competing with her daughters? She looks not much older than they.
Anyways, it seems the Jenners do not have a prenup. I bet that when they married Bruce was richer but now I think Kris is richer than Bruce and she is probably kicking herself that she didn’t have the foresight to realize that her Financial luck could change in life, and thus insist on a prenup. But Bruce has made clear in a recent interview that neither of them is filing for divorce so this is probably a non issue. So…
But yea how could I have missed this momentous and monumental event? Where have I been for heaven’s sakes? It has been so long I cannot even find the spellcheck button on this thing. I know it is riddled with spelling errors. So forgive me.
(photo flickr creative commons)
- Kris Jenner has filed for divorce from husband Bruce
- Is Kris Jenner to blame for daughter Kim Kardashian’s speedy divorce?
- What are the defenses to a charge of adultery in New York?
- NEW YORK: Adultery is a crime in New York Penal Law 255.17
- What is a divorce petition and what information should be in it?
- NEW YORK: Batavia woman Suzanne Corona charged with adultery – Penal Law 255.17
- Does Debbie Madoff have a stake in Andrew Madoff’s Abel Holdings, LLC?
- Should cheaters and adulterers lose alimony and spousal support?
- Community Property vs Equitable Distribution states: what is the difference?
- NEW YORK: 3 times divorced 4 times married Bruce Wasserstein dies and leaves 4th wife Angela Chao disinherited?