The Mayor of Oklahoma is getting a divorce. The 52 year old was married to his high school sweetheart for 32 years but neither of them felt they could go any further, even after many years of marriage counseling:
Cornett’s office confirmed the split Tuesday, releasing a statement from the mayor, 52, who did not want to discuss the matter.“Lisa and I have many years of memories together, and we intend to remain close to our three grown boys,” Cornett’s statement said.
Cornett and his wife began dating when they were sophomores at Putnam City High School.
“The decision to end our marriage has been a very personal, emotional and painful decision for us to make. It follows years of marital counseling. We ask for your thoughts and prayers as we go forward.”
Lisa Cornett, 53, could not be reached for comment Tuesday.
Wonder which heavy-weight lawyer in Oklahoma will handle this split?
- Can “covenant” marriages and pre-marriage counseling help reduce divorce rate?
- Did your spouse stubbornly refuse to get marriage counseling to save the marriage?
- My Thoughts On Common Law Marriage – Bulldog Divorce
- Did your low emotional IQ cause your divorce?
- Private School tuition for the kids after a divorce
- LA: Jennifer Lopez and Sony get a velvet divorce
- TEXAS: Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan was not going through a divorce…what caused this “horrific outburst?”
- Billionaire Harold Hamm gets to keep controlling interest in Continental Resources – premarital property says judge
- Billionaire Harold Hamm and wife attorney/economist Sue Ann Hamm to divorce according to Reuters
- And now you are expected to sleep in this king sized bed all alone? Not!