I found this cute post on a blog called www.mendabrokenheart.net and here is an excerpt of her take on “Dealing with Divorce, Dr. Seuss style”:
Kids books are often disguised as guides for parents as well – as we read to our kids, there are hidden messages, subliminal guidance. I have recently picked up Dr Seuss and found some quotes that absolutely relate to any woman going through a divorce. Words of wisdom from the Doctor – Seuss
•Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
•I meant what I said and I said what I meant.
•The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.
•Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
•You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
•Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
•From there to here, and here to there, funny things are everywhere.
To read more, go to www.mendabrokenheart.net.
- Before you marry, the most important question to ask yourself is: What would it be like to divorce this person?
- Marla Maples and Donald Trump’s divorce wasn’t about sex
- Who gives the best divorce advice? Dr. Phil? Or Huffpost?
- Were you just superior to your spouse and couldn’t bear to stay married to an underling anymore?
- What is the history of divorce?
- The King of Pop is dead and I am so sad
- NOVEMBER 2009 DIVORCE HOROSCOPES, by divorce saloon
- On sex
- How to cook your way to a happy marriage and avoid divorce
- Does your teen blame herself for your divorce? 5 Tips for helping her get over that