I was just reading on this website which I linked to below, and the blogger seemed a bit up in arms about the Huff’s Divorce Aphorism of the day. Today’s aphorism was something like this: “When two people decide to get a divorce, it isn’t a sign that they don’t understand one another, but a sign that they have, at last, begun to.” Do you agree with that? I’m not sure if I do or not. I think maybe divorce is an acceptance that they don’t understand each other; but it certainly is NOT a sign that they “have at last begun to understand each other.” What do you think? Does that “aphorism” make sense?
Anyways, the website, Familyscholars.com referenced one of Huff’s writers, Beverly Willet. I don’t know this author and I didn’t read the piece he references here:
Incidentally, welcome contrast to the rest of the HuffPost Divorce’s section, their featured article today is by Beverly Willett, who also believes that it’s the nature of love to bind itself. Earlier this summer, she got called all kinds of nasty names for suggesting as much in a column for the Daily Beast, in which she wrote of her dogged (but ultimately failed) effort to save her marriage. Reflecting on readers’ vitriolic response to her article, she asks “What was controversial about a woman who loved her husband and children more than anything and wanted to save her family from the heartaches of divorce? Was she really an “idiot,” a “psycho” bent on “revenge,” out to hog-tie the man who freely said “I do” into “forced slavery” because of her hard-headed sense of right and wrong?”
He got a lot of comments on this post which you can reference here http://familyscholars.org/2010/11/10/chesterton-on-huffpost-divorce/. I have to get familiar with this author as I don’t really know what he’s referring to since I did not read the piece. But check out that website. See what you think.
Follow us on twitter for updates and other good stuff. www.twitter.com/divorcesaloon
- KEEPING UP WITH HUFFPOST DIVORCE: Huff comes out with world divorce rates!
- KEEPING UP WITH HUFFPOST DIVORCE: The Palins are talking “divorce rumours”
- Newsweek and Daily Beast to wed: Can you picture what the divorce will look like?
- Do divorce lawyers really need to have a “mobile” website to stay competitive?
- Divorced Dads and the “Disenfranchised father syndrome”
- Kate Gosselin unveils new hair as a post-divorce revenge statement
- Divorce & Infanticide: New incident in France reported (British man kills his two children following bitter divorce)
- Divorce not in the budget?
- Are you a daddy who wants custody? Are you a mommy who wants custody?
- Famed divorce attorney Rauol Felder to pen tome