I found this website and I uploaded two of the points from an article post: You are not a Princess – 25 points for women and men to consider. What do you think about what the author had to say in this post? Read below. I am curious and troubled by a lot of the implicit message of this post. But maybe it’s me. What do you think?
17. Your husband/boyfriend should be more important to you than your child(ren) just as you should be more important to your husband than the child(ren). In other words, you should be each others’ first priorities; children second. You don’t need a husband if your sole desire is to have children—unless you see the man as a source of income for yourself and the children. If you can’t support yourself, you probably shouldn’t be having children. Marriage is a bond between two grown adults; not a bond between parent and child (Marc Rudov, 2008). You vow to honor your spouse and put him or her before all others, this includes your children. Children eventually fly the coop. If you make them the focus and raison d’être of your marriage, don’t be surprised when you no longer have much of a marriage as the years pass.
18. You are only entitled to what you earn or produce. Men are neither beasts of burden nor “working boys” to be pimped out in the service of their partners or ex-partners. No one owes you a living. As an adult, you’re not entitled to be taken care of by another party unless you have documented cognitive or physical disabilities that prohibit you from working. Last time I checked, being a wife, ex-wife, girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, mistress, ex-mistress, mother and/or simply a woman wasn’t considered a disability.
- Making a Habeas Corpus motion on behalf of a child in a contested situation
- Are you a daddy who wants custody? Are you a mommy who wants custody?
- Been awarded custody but your teen doesn’t want to live with you?
- When mom and dad divorce and you’re a grown up should it hurt?
- Divorce and the Special Needs Child
- Sex blogger mom to lose custody of her daughter
- KEEPING UP WITH HUFFPOST DIVORCE: Divorce Doyenne Judith Wallerstein speaks out
- Divorcing with a child who is the product of a “secret” affair?
- Do gay spouses benefit more from prenups than straight couples?
- LIFE: Is it time to call a divorce attorney? Test Yourself!