INDIA: If Vanisha Mittal and Amit Bhatia ever divorced…
When you spend USD $78 MILLION on your wedding can you divorce with a straight face? I think not. I was going through the web and found this rather ludicrous incredulousness that I had to post. Did this billionaire really spend this much money on his daughter’s wedding? Did he have the son in law (who works for him, btw) sign a prenup? What does he get if there is a divorce when you spend $78 million on a wedding? Is it love? Or does Bhatia stay out of a sense of obligation?
The record-holder for the world’s most expensive wedding to date is the nuptials of Vanisha Mittal (daughter of billionaire Lakshmi Mittal) and investment banker Amit Bhatia. This wedding took place at Vaux le Vicomte, a 17th-century chateau in France, in 2004. The elaborate, outrageous wedding has been honored by Forbes’ Magazine as one of the most expensive weddings, and currently ranks in the Guinness Book of World Records for the most expensive wedding ever recorded, with $78 million spent. The wedding went on for five days, and included extravagances such as invitations sent out in a 20 page silver book, 100 different dishes prepared by a top Calcutta chef, a wine tab of $1.5 million, and 1000 guests on hand to witness the world’s most expensive wedding ceremony ever. http://www.elistmania.com/juice/10_most_expensive_weddings/
- Guiness Book of World Records on Marriage and Divorce
- Was Eva Longoria bridezilla? Is that why her marriage to Tony Parker Collapsed?
- Which world city has the most and least divorced billionaires?
- THE COST OF DIVORCE: How much, in the aggregate, do Americans spend on Divorce-related expenses each year?
- How much child support do rich kids really need?
- Brad and Angelina are NOT getting divorce…you hear that News of the World?
- Wedding cake bloopers can actually be a divorce omen
- UK: On Laurence Graff and the world’s other divorcing billionaires
- BOOK REVIEW: The Bird Detective, by Bridget Stutchbury (do birds get divorced?)
- CONNECTICUT: Walter Forbes, imprisoned former Cendant Corp. chairman ordered to pay wife $1 in alimony
Short URL: http://www.divorcesaloon.com/?p=15557