TIME MAGAZINE. According to TIME, Indian travel agents are on the cutting edge of a hot new global trend. It’s called DIVORCE TOURISM. According to TIME Magazine:
The whole point of this idea is to “save marriages.” The funny part of the whole thing is that India literally has the lowest divorce rates in the world! If marriages need saving, it’s not in India. It is more a problem in the West in countries like the U.S. and Sweden and Britain. But leave it to those Indians to recognize a great marketing idea when they see it. One can be sure that the countries in the West will follow suit swiftly out of necessity more than anything. And, of course, it’s just a great idea whose time has come.
But can three make good company? Or will it just be tedious? For these trips to work, the Indian travel agencies are jetting counselors off on the holidays with the couple. Sounds risky, doesn’t it? Well, we are not the only ones who think so. Says TIME:
- INDIA: Will divorce lose it’s stigma as “romantic” marriages increase?
- The GREAT DIVORCE at Lantern Theater Company through Dec. 19
- INDIA: Divorce has become “sexy” there
- CAIRO: Egyptian radio station offers help to divorced women
- The Motorola divorce will be finalized Tuesday says WSJ
- UNITED ARAB EMIRITES: Is divorce inevitable for American expats living in Dubai?
- BANGALORE: NGO Rafaa makes strides helping “unfairly divorced women” and young girls get a second chance
- FLORIDA: Divorce & violence: George Delva shoots mother in law before turning the gun on himself
- INDIA: Muslim Women’s Group Call For Ban on 3 Word Divorce
- CANADA: Divorce rates are falling in Canada while they continue to rise in America