So, this is my third post on this and my last, I promise. But should Elizabeth then divorce John after what I said in the other two posts? Hme….I have always maintained that I don’t believe in divorce but that I accept it comes with the marriage these days; and that some marriages should end.
I also feel the decision of whether or not to get a divorce is such a personal decision. What one wife is willing to put up with, another would balk at. Besides, the political marriage is a special animal. Isn’t it? http://www.divorcesaloon.com/index.php?s=politician
Elizabeth’s husband clearly exhibited very reckless behavior given that he could easily have won the presidency and then where would they be now once this came out with all the other distractions the country has to deal with? That is the cringe element for me. Not so much the adultery. That’s Elizabeth’s problem. It’s not my business. But this guy was running for president while he was engaged in this behavior and it is possible he broke the campaign finance laws. It is the brazenness of it. The recklessness that puzzles me.
It is not that I don’t think adultery is serious. It is. But is it a deal breaker necessarily? I don’t know. It depends. He was clearly insensitive in the timing of what he did. But she feels there is enough there that she can cut that one transgression out and move on. (I wonder how many other women he propositioned over the years who had to beat him off with a stick? Boy. This species….)
They have young kids together. She wants to work it out. And he seems to want to work it out. You know what? I think they should give it a courageous push. They should do everything possible to save the marriage and to cure him of his polygamous and hyper-sexed nature. Everybody deserves a second chance. Of course, if this is a pattern of behavior, then there could be serious underlying issues that no amount of therapy can solve. However, for now, I am sure he is very, very contrite.
- When the wife is a bully
- Divorce and Politics: Did John Edwards and his wife Elizabeth have an open marriage that blew up?
- Kim Shamsky accuses hubby Art Shamsky of…bestiality?
- Oprah Winfrey interviews Elizabeth Edwards; Question: was John Edwards a married predator who preyed on single women? Or was the “other woman” to blame for John’s adulterous acts?
- Nadya Suleman and the ultimate California child support and custody battle
- 3 marriage deal breakers that should lead even the Pope to ok the divorce
- Sarah Palin: I refuse to discuss Levi Johnson’s claim that the ex governor wanted to adopt and take custody of his baby
- My wife just confessed she’s in love with another man. I am so angry I could…
- Divorce in Hollywood: Sean Penn wins Best Actor Oscar for Milk but is his marriage on the rocks?
- Are you sure the marriage is THAT bad?