CAPETOWN, SOUTH AFRICA: Earl Spencer’s ex-wife Victoria files for divorce from drug addicted husband
Princess Diana’s brother Earl Spencer’s first wife Victoria is filing for a divorce from her second husband Jonathan Aitken. Victoria, who lives in CapeTown South Africa with her kids, married her second husband Jonathan Aitken in 2002 a few years after an acrimonious split from Diana’s younger brother. At the time she married Aitken, Victoria is said to have been relieved to have found such a nice guy to replace the cold and “caddish” Viscount Spencer who had cheated on her just months after she had given birth to one of his four children. Aitken was her soul mate, sent to bring her joy and happiness. Of course, like Victoria, he was also a recovering addict. But, it seems she believed that like herself, he had kicked the habit and that they would live happily ever after.
It was not to be. His drug problems, according to the Mail online, plagued the marriage for the duration and she couldn’t handle any more of the drama. According to Mail Online they have one son together and will likely share custody of him.
Victoria, whose official title is “Countess Victoria” has four other children with Earl Spencer and she has custody of them. She divorced the Earl (Viscount Althorp) after a fairy tale marriage in the UK which lasted from 1989-1997. (Present at the wedding ceremony were Prince William and Prince Harry as pages, in addition to a whole bunch of other aristocratic cuties.)The official basis for the divorce was “unreasonable behavior” (I guess that would be irreconcilable differences on this side of the Ocean) but in fact, it is alleged that he committed adultery. (BTW, the Earl/Viscount is said to have gone on to break many hearts which includes a second wife named Caroline and a U.S. TV reporter named Colleen Sullivan.)
But, so, Countess Victoria and her four children with the Viscount, including Lady Kitty who is a dead ringer for Princess Diana, Eliza, Amelia and Louis, and her son with Aitken
will remain in Cape Town in the home she used to share with Aitken.
- UK’s top divorce lawyer, Sir Nicholas Mostyn gets in bed with another top divorce barrister; will he divorce his wife?
- UK: Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson are the most famous post-divorce live-in lovers
- Lessons from Princess Diana and Prince Charles’s divorce
- BRITAIN: Are asset-stripping stepmothers aided by wife-friendly divorce courts destroying the British aristocracy?
- MONACO: Is Princess Caroline of Monaco getting a divorce from her 3rd husband?
- SPAIN: The Duke and Duchess of Lugo to divorce
- Peter Andre named in divorce petition – he’s accused of sending sexy text messages to another man’s wife!
- JERUSALEM: Anne Pollard, ex wife of Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard imprisoned in America, moves to Israel and begs for his release
- Christie Brinkley’s ex, Mr. Peter Cook decides he won’t pay his paramour another dime
- NEW YORK: 34 years after divorce, Victoria Rohring reunited with “abducted” children
Short URL: http://www.divorcesaloon.com/?p=2591