Yes. If you can show your spouse committed adultery, or treats you cruelly and inhumanly you can get out of the marriage. You could also get a separation agreement and agree to live apart for one year. If your spouse is incarcerated, you can get a divorce if you can show your spouse treats you inhumanly (but this will be dificult since you don’t see each other except under controlled circumstances.)
There is also the option of an annulment, if you can show, for example, that your spouse concealed information, which, if you were aware of, you would not have entered into the marriage. CONCEALMENT OF MATERIAL FACT.
- How to divorce the Greencard marriage
- Is infertility grounds for divorce in New York? Ask supermodel Carol Alt
- Can an annulment be annulled in New York?
- ANNULMENT IN NEW YORK, What are the grounds
- Health Insurance: Do I still have to cover my spouse after a divorce in New York?
- Did your spouse trick you into marriage by saying he wanted kids?
- My husband is in jail and I want a divorce. What can I do?
- The Jail bird and the Divorcee
- Is your husband gay?
- My spouse recently told me he’s gay. He’s living large with his lover. What are my options as far as a divorce?